Monday 17 December 2007

Arrived in Hout Bay


Just got a few minutes free so I thought I would up date the blog. I arrived after a long flight of 27 hours. I left Manchester airport one hour late at 9pm, changed flight at Dubai for Jo`burg and again at Jo`burg for Cape Town arriving on time at 9pm local time (uk – 2 hours) It was a lovely warm evening of around 18c . My broo and Yvonne were there to meet me . BIG HUGGS all around and then promptly of home for a well deserved drink and chat. I am staying at a place called HOUT BAY just outside Cape Town. The only problem I had dureing my flight was at Dubai airport with security as going through the security check door the alarm rang out and I promptly froze. This 6`0” well built Arab approached me so fast I felt the down stream. “Empty all your pockets into the tray and put it through the xray machine and go back though the door” Yes sir was my reply. Once again the alarm rang out. The Arab looked down at me. “take your shoes and belt off and put them into the tray and go through the xray security door again. Y yes s s sir and promptly did as the nice man asked me holding my pants up with my hands . Horror, shock and other words I can`t say here.the alarm struck like big Ben again. The big Arab said “I will have to search you sir…….lift your arms up” Erm well erm my pants will fall down was my weak reply. Lift your arms up please sir. Hell no my pants will fall down can we not go to a private room ? ARMS UP PLEASE SIR. Ok and lifted up my arms and felt a cool windy breeze below. After I had promptly pulled up my pants he let me go on my way. It must have taken me all of 5 minutes to get myself dressed and sorted before I could get on my way again. Doughnut !!!! The next few days I spent talking and looking at the local scenery and I have taken a pic of the view from my bedroom which I have posted here. The weather is nice and sunny with a tempture of 27c. Keep looking at the blog as it will be updated regular.

2 comments:

dr death said...

it can only happen to you windy

Anonymous said...

Wherever you be, let your wind break free ! ..... sometimes you just HAVE to drop your kecks to make it happen.

Have a great holiday Windy

Gadget