Wednesday 2 January 2008

Table Mountain


Time to write a little more. Tuesday I went up table mountain being a nice clear day. Set of early for the 15 minute car drive to the base of table mountain. We arrived just after 8pm to be greeted by a very large queue waiting for the cable cars. My broo came up with a great idea and told a officer in charge of the queue about my hip. No problem just go straight to the turn style there and pay your money and up you go……what a nice man. Talk about queue jumping hehehe. We had about a 5 minute wait before a cable car came down the mountain for us and then we duly got on board. The cable car could hold up to 65 people at one time and can carry 900 passengers an hour. Mind you im not surprise by the length of that queue. As the cable car started its short journey up the mountain the floor started to revolve around so everyone one board could have a great view as it went up. At the top the mountain we departed the cable car and was just stunned by the breath taking view. Im sure I could see Ray on lady Jane. The top of the mountain is very large and you can walk for hours just looking at the breath taking views I think I took around 75 photos all told. As some cloud was around it just floated by in the valleys below. What a truly beautiful place Cape Town is from the mountain top. We walked for almost 2 hours resting in-between as my hip was causing me some grief. I think there is only one way to describe being up there is that angels must live there. When I return home I will make up a cd with all the pictures of my holiday for those that are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure you could see Ray from the top Windy, but I bet you could hear Winnie's laugh !!

Look after the hip fella

Gadget